Sunday 23 March 2014

My published and finished story about Glow-Worms

Camp: Glow-Worms 

The walls were speckled with lights. Darkness ahead swallowed the light of my torch and I heard the wind whistle softly in time with a flutter of leaves. The glowing lights were like little beady eye's staring down at me. A river of anxiousness trickled down my spine like a shower of rain. 

I switched off my torch swiftly walking into the darkness. It was black. Pitch black. All I could see was the beautiful swamp blue lights of tiny creatures called Glow-Worms.

Finally my night vision blew off some steam. But I'm sorry to say it played a trick on me. I thought I saw a hole so as I stepped over the mysterious hole I actually fall into one! 
I squeezed my foot out. Ouch!

When I got to the end I was amazed.It was a wonderful sight to see. " The eyes of the hidden forest" says Ben   Glow-Worms are very mysterious when it comes to its personality, form and it's life style. 

The End 
                                                     
By Olivia B

2 comments:

  1. Olivia, this is beautiful! Well done! You should be proud of this piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The walls were speckled with lights. Darkness ahead swallowed the light of my torch and I heard the wind whistle softly in time with a flutter of leaves. This is a wonderful way to open your writing. Your text selection and use of writing features really enhances the clarity of the images made in my mind. I felt like I got a superb insight into your experiences. I'm looking forward to reading more of your wonderful writing throughout the year.

    James

    ReplyDelete